Telogis Route. Multi-vehicle route optimization.
Telogis Route is a powerful, scalable tool for both strategic and tactical resource planning. Because Telogis Route is web-based, it has a quicker return on investment than other offerings and enables the solution to be deployed quickly to even the largest of fleets.
Planned vs. ActualTelogis Route gives you insight to the performance of your resources. Real-time progress monitoring of your planned routes will alert users to potential issues. The information provided can be used to proactively notify customers of delays or identify the need to reassign resources. Historical audit reports provide the data necessary to grade, as well as incentivize locations or individual drivers on KPIs such as On-Time Starts or On-Time Deliveries.
Long Time-Horizon Workload BalancingVisibility into future customer requirements allows users to rearrange delivery schedules to balance weekly work on the fly.
Territory PlanningSet geographic boundaries for clear delineation and assignment of customer accounts by route.
Route Import/ExportExisting routes can be imported in order to be viewed within the Telogis Route user interface and further optimized. Routes can also be exported as .csv files for use in other applications.
Intuitive User InterfaceThe user-friendly and intuitive interface minimizes the learning curve putting you in control of your fleet quicker. Unique features of the interface are tabbed organization, an import tool, help tools & page hints and tips to maximize your usage.
API IntegrationAs with all Telogis solutions developed on the Telogis GeoBase platform, Telogis Route’s open architecture, available web services and API’s make for easy integration with your existing systems.
Integrated GeocodingTelogis Route uses the Telogis GeoBase application to pinpoint a customer’s latitude and longitude based on the address. This can be fine tuned using a available map when needed such as the best entrance into a shopping mall.
Delivery ParametersModel your business by setting the routing parameters to deliver every specified number of weeks and on any number of days. You can also set other conditions such as Days per Delivery, Earliest and Latest Delivery, Time on Site, and Driver/Vehicle Skills.
Paperless Route AssignmentAllows you to instantly send planned routes directly to personal mobile devices. As drivers log in to their devices, their scheduled stops are displayed in the optimal sequence. Voice navigation each stop improves safety and increases efficiency. New or reassigned stops can be sent seamlessly to drivers, eliminating the need to contact them directly.
Dynamic Time WindowsTelogis Route is a versatile tool, incorporating the unique requirements of your individual customers and service visits, such as delivery time windows, driver attributes, and vehicle types. Additional provided features will account for customers on a frequency schedule, and can even ensure that a customer is always serviced on the same day of the week, and by the same driver.
A web-based route planning solution
Telogis Route is a completely web-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application that is accessed through a web browser. What does this mean for you?
- Web-based software is easy to deploy to de-centralized organizations
- Monthly model requires less up-front investment and quicker ROI
- No server hardware to buy or maintain
- Utility computing backend means the resulting solution is more powerful than dedicated hardware
Visibility on the cost of running a fleet
Telogis Route gives you visibility in your routing costs and provides instant feedback on route plans. Tracking costs for created routes and cost associated with changes to plans has never been easier. The “immediate feedback on costs” feature allows evaluation of impact on your bottom line before committing to change of plan. Telogis Route accounts vehicle fixed and variable costs, fuel costs, regular and overtime labor costs, etc.
Planning based on your business model
Accurate resource usage planning requires input on all elements of your business: driver specialty, customer availability, special vehicle equipment, etc.; Telogis Route has full support for such decision constraints.
- Mobile workers
- Special skills or qualifications of a driver
- Driver’s base rate and over time rate
- Shift hours and work days
- Drivers can begin and end days at home to avoid return trip costs
- Customer requirements
- Multiple service delivery windows – such as in the morning or evening, but not during lunch
- Estimated service delivery time
- Day of the week
- Frequency of service visit- daily, weekly, monthly
- Day of week, week of month preference
- Specialty service requirements
- Worker preference – if the customer is accustomed to a certain worker
- Specify delivery to a dock in back instead of the street address
- Pull-out costs to add a new vehicle
- Mile-per-gallon and fuel costs
- Specialty equipment like cranes or other
Strategic routing and resource planning
Telogis Route doesn’t assume to know what KPIs are most important to your business. When optimizing your routes and planning your fleet’s schedule Telogis Route provides you with the tools to balance resources based on what matters most: worker hours, miles driven, revenue per mobile worker or time on site. Long term modeling allows you to build out plans with robust frequency scheduling and there’s also support for geographic territory planning and preferences.
On a day-to-day basis, things change: drivers get sick, new customers are added. Telogis Route allows you to alter the plan to accommodate such changes.
- Suggest the best route for a new customer
- Re-route to determine best new schedule
- Quickly respond to changes in customer requirements
Advanced driving rules
Telogis Route is built on the geospatial platform Telogis GeoBase and leverages the strength of the enterprise toolkit. This means that route planning can take into account advanced calculations like:
- Support for both historical and real-time traffic conditions
- Physical and legal vehicle restrictions such as: bridge height, weight
- Custom routing rules such as avoiding left-hand and u-turns
- Fully localized driving directions for international markets
Strategic decision support
Telogis Route is a powerful decision support tool, providing you the ability to model unlimited scenarios to identify hidden costs and uncover savings opportunities. Each decision can easily be changed and evaluated before being put in to use, or discarded.
- What is the financial impact of adding new vehicles or drivers?
- What is the true cost of updating our vehicles? What if we eliminate vehicles or drivers?
- Would changing driver schedules from 5×8 to 4×10 present savings opportunities?
- Should we add a new location? Should we consolidate existing locations?
- Would the cost of adding this new customer be more than the expected revenues?
Current and future workload balancing
Telogis Route allows you to balance work among drivers. There are a number of metrics used to balance the routes: Number of Stops per Week, Stops per Day, Stops per Driver, Time on Site per Driver, Driving Distance per Driver and Sales Volume. Visual display of territories on a map makes it easy for you to drill down into an existing territory or create a new territory with a single click. Visibility into future customer requirements, allows users to rearrange delivery schedules to balance weekly work. These manual tools allow the routing experts to further improve upon the automated routes created by Telogis Route.
Integrate seamlessly into your business
Rich APIs make integrating Telogis Route with other systems easy. With Telogis Mobile you can dispatch scheduling to workers in the field. You can print paper route cards that include driving directions and specific customer information for “fill-in” drivers. Telogis Route also integrates with Telogis Fleet for planned vs. actual functionality providing all the added benefits of Telogis Fleet such as: dashboard view of KPIs, Insight ™ alerts, powerful reporting engine.